Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"Data Driven Teachers" Response

I'm quite glad that the article began by addressing a concern I had developed straight from the title - that 'Data Driven' approaches are what brought about NCLB.  The article immediately differentiates between the two entities.  In DDDM, "information from other assessments, measures of student engagement, previous programmatic interventions, and other data are needed for teachers to design appropriate instructional interventions."  This is exactly how I intend to use data in my classroom - through providing varied assessments that test for different levels of skills and comprehension at various times throughout a semester or school year.  I agree with the article that this is the best way to gain useful data, that can help address and solve issues within a classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment